Last week, Eric Posner and Yale's Jack Balkin squared off in a video debate at Bloggingheads.tv, discussing whether the Bush Administration respects the rule of law. You can watch the video below, but we also recommend you visit the Bloggingheads page to read the interesting comments that follow.
Some highlights of the discussion [caveat: the end of the discussion was cut off by technical problems]:
- Has Bush permanently damaged the presidency? (03:46)
- Jack argues that Bush hasn’t respected rule of law (11:14)
- Eric argues that legally wrong can be morally correct (04:01)
- Is Bush against checks and balances, or just really good at them? (04:04)
- Designing democracy to head off dictatorship (05:54)
- Was the Iraq War democratically approved? (03:59)